Serves: 4 to 5
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups torn kale leaves, big ribs removed and discarded
- 2 large pre-boiled or roasted skinless organic chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 Honey Crisp (if available) apple, cut into thin, 1- inch pieces
- 1/2 Green apple, cut into thin, 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- sprinkles of ground flax seed (optional)
- In a small jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to blend.
- Place the kale leaves into a large salad bowl and, using your hands, sort of massage the olive oil mixture into the leaves. This gets the dressing into the kale so intensify the flavor.
- Throw the apples, walnuts, flax seed and chicken on top of the kale and lightly toss to combine.