The list is too long of GOOD reasons to eat more dark leafy greens however, here are a few of my favorites. They are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, chlorophyll and anti-inflammatory properties. Without going on and on let’s get to the most important part…getting them into your mouth. This is one way that is super fast, super delicious and so easy it will blow your mind.
- One bag of dark green leafy organic kale (any mound of greens will do as long as it is organic)
- Get out a cast iron skillet and get it hot.
- Add a healthy drizzle of really good extra virgin olive oil.
- Pile on the greens until they are heaping almost over the top.
- Pour in 1/4 cup filtered water and listen to the sizzle.
- Place a top over the greens and let them do their stuff for one minute. TURN OFF HEAT.
- Leave untouched for 3 minutes or until bright in color and slightly tender.
- Shave some parmesan over the top and crush 8-10 cashews or walnuts.
Get a plate and enjoy!